Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First use of the 10mm Delos

Pig

The 10mm gives me 235X and it felt like I was on the moon :laugh: "Pig calling Houston" "we have touchdown"

Saturn was great with clear divisions on the planet / rings and 3 moons.

Even my wife came to have a look at Saturn and she thought I had tricked her and that it was a picture she was looking at :shocked: Stupid horse or what :grin:

Strangely enough and another surprise was the difference with Capella and how the different colours were flashing, they were clearly separated, normally its just a quick twinkling of a mix of colours.

I have just ordered the 14mm this should give me 167X, Hopefully this is not to large a step

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers guys, I went for the 12mm this time as the 12mm Excel I have seems to be a very good fit for my focal length thus giving 197X :smiley: The 10mm Delos was clearer/sharper and covered more surface area of the moon than my 12mm Excel even though it was 235X , using that as a datum the 12mm Delos should be even better :smiley: 14mm next month :shocked:

Cheers guys, I went for the 12mm this time as the 12mm Excel I have seems to be a very good fit for my focal length thus giving 197X :smiley: The 10mm Delos was clearer/sharper and covered more surface area of the moon than my 12mm Excel even though it was 235X , using that as a datum the 12mm Delos should be even better :smiley: 14mm next month :shocked:

It's never too long until anyone upgrades to premium eyepieces is it Shaun? :D Once you've had a taste for great quality, it's hard to go back. It's also very hard to resist the temptation of good quality eyepieces.

I think you've made a good choice with the 10mm and 12mm, what other LXs do you find yourself using a lot - it might be best to upgrade these first rather than getting the 14mm :).

It's never too long until anyone upgrades to premium eyepieces is it Shaun? :D Once you've had a taste for great quality, it's hard to go back. It's also very hard to resist the temptation of good quality eyepieces.

I think you've made a good choice with the 10mm and 12mm, what other LXs do you find yourself using a lot - it might be best to upgrade these first rather than getting the 14mm :).

Jonathan, It seemed a bit pointless upgrading the scope and not the eyepieces, the Delos is certainly premium & very good quality :laugh: I used the 18mm quite often with the 6" Nexstar so I may opt for the 17.3mm next :smiley: I think I will be able to keep the 25mm excel and the Excel Barlow but I will sell all of the others.

Pig,

Just come back from the Black Sea and I am still full of sand. Scopious looked great viewed over a southern seascape/landscpe with no lights in the mix.

Yes the 10mm is a great eyepiece, I don't see how any can be better, as good maybe, better NO.

I would go for the 14mm myself as I have one, this is also as good as any 14mm eyepiece on the market and I have two of the other top makes as well, thought he Pentax is going soon. The UWA Meade is also very good for what it cost, I must point out it is the older type not the new one now on sale a Telescope House.

I am very happy you like it.

Alan.

Archived