Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Plea for Help...

emadmoussa

I'm looking for somebody who's capable of disassembling a Celestron C11. I need to open up the the scope to remove a rogue nut in there. I'm afraid I don't have the ability to do that myself, hence the look for help :)

I live in Whitehill, Hampshire. So if somebody around and willing to help, please let me know. I'm sure we can make an arrangement :)

Thank you very much!!

Emad

It's not that technically difficult , just take your time.

Make sure you do it on a stable surface and somewhere to place the nuts and bolts and jobs a goodun ;)

Anyway isn't doing things for yourself more rewarding ?

I understand, Kai. My problem is my hands are shaky so it's very difficult dealing with delicate screws and nuts. :) I contacted local astronomical societies to see if I can take it there for somebody to have a look.

Hello

So I take it the person does not need to have technical knowledge of the c11 they just need to

be your steady hands.

I hope you find someone to help you soon

Dave

I still think it would be worth trying the magnet trick as it has fewer difficulties and has worked for others in the past. If you can attach a small magnet to a piece of string, point the OTA downwards and feed the magnet through the shade tube, it will pick up the nut which should by then be at the front of the tube. To remove the magnet, turn the OTA face down and withdraw the string, magnet and nut. :smiley:

I still think it would be worth trying the magnet trick as it has fewer difficulties and has worked for others in the past. If you can attach a small magnet to a piece of string, point the OTA downwards and feed the magnet through the shade tube, it will pick up the nut which should by then be at the front of the tube. To remove the magnet, turn the OTA face down and withdraw the string, magnet and nut. :smiley:

Great idea.

Archived