SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Brilliant day/night with my new set up!

Rockrae78

I've only had my CPC 800 a couple of weeks, but already I've seen so many new items with it. But tonight, has just blown all other nights out of the water!

Started off late afternoon when I got to see the Sun with my new Baader AstroZap solar filter. Really good, sharp view and a couple of sun spots thrown in. Very happy.

Once darkness fell, went out again and had another lovely look at Saturn in all her beauty.

Before I really started to get going on my quest for Messier objects, I paused for a few moments to watch the ISS sail majestically by.

Onto the tough stuff... Got M3, M63 and M94 before stopping again to watch the ISS make another pass (and as much as I knew how ridiculous I was being, I was waving at it as it went by again -

God only know what my neighbours who were still awake think of me now). Then onto M13 and M52.

Stopped again to watch ATV-4 "Albert Einstein" pass overhead (and managed to get it in my bins), then finished off the evening with 2 of my favourite objects - NGC 457 (the Owl or E.T. cluster) and M57 (the Ring Nebula).

One final pass of the ISS, and its off to bed for me. Very tired, but very happy!

Looks great, with the consistently good weather that we have been enjoying it is worth stopping up later for observing the globulars and Saturn of course. It is now too light up here and so ironically although clear skies are forcast, I have no more appetite for going out at present.

I think that you do become a litle less self conscious of the neighbours presence over time.

Good to hear your pleased with the new scope - you certainly gave it a good run out ! Always worth a pause in proceedings to pay homage to all on ISS. There's quite a rich list of objects coming in to view in scorpius and sagittarius if you have a good view of the southern horizon - great area in binoculars.

andrew

Archived