Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun in Ha 31/5/13

DrRobin

Hi,

A quick go at the sun this morning, before the cloud rolled in. Trouble is I didn't realise how much brighter the screen in on my new fast laptop (collected this morning for repair) in comparison to the older one and I really struggled to focus and set the tuning on the DS. I don't think I got the tuning spot on, but the focus isn't bad.

I took a few pics with different Gamma settings, but just to add a further complication, I have changed how I am post processing my pics, so today's offering might not look so good.

All shots Lunt 60 Double stack, DMK41 with a 0.8x focal reducer. Stacked in AS!2 (trying surface and auto-place of alignment points) and sharpened in Paint.net, using Sharpen+, Unsharp mask, High pass filter and local contrast.

Robin

Gamma 100

Sun-31-5-13-0x5-ds-g100-1.jpg

Sun-31-5-13-0x5-ds-g100-1c.jpg

Yes, not too spotty at the mo. Hard luck Michael, it is Friday, get off early and catch the late afternoon sun.

I am just trying to process another one of the files, gosh this old laptop is slow.....

Robin

The image was so hard to see, trying to shield the laptop with the boot of the car. I might have been unlucky with this capture, I think some cloud came across, I am just processing another avi, but it has been in the oven for about 20 minutes so far and it looks no where near done. At this rate I will still be processing tomorrow when I get the next batch.

Robin

Archived