NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6960, my first ever narrowband image

jazzysam

Hi Guys,

My first ever narrowband image. Tried it using the Witches Broom Nebula, mostly because I liked the sound of the name!

I've tried using the Hubble pallete, but I don't know if that's the best thing to do. I'd appreciate some guidance on how to improve these kinds of images.

NGC6960 SIIHaOIII

4hrs Ha, 5hrs OIII, 2hrs SII (so far)

QSI 683WSG, AZ-EQ6, Tak-120, Astrodon filters

Thanks for looking...

NGC6960 ps2 final -SHO.tif

Much the same here - I may be able to see it later today when it's downloaded. This location is good for dark skies but not so good for broadband (broadband?? Rather a joke really :()

It looks very good indeed for a first crack... But there's some extra bits you need to do to make it look like a "true" hubble palette - If you look at this link, it explains what you need to do using selective colour to get the gold and blue colours into it :wink:. I just ran it through myself and it looks excellent! :smiley:

post-6161-0-51153900-1370020570_thumb.jp

Will do Chris/Gina. Have included a >6Mb jpeg, which hasn't lost too much detail in the compression...

Thanks Andy; Wow! I will definitely look at your link and see how to improve my process.

NGC6960 Witches Broom SIIHaOIII

Thanks for doing that. yes - it is a cracking image with really good stars. Of course the hubble palette is only a choice of colours, although I have to say that Andy's rendition does seem to bring out more detail. But I also like your version very much.

Chris

Archived