NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Colombo Crater afocal

Laurie61

I had been out imaging Jupiter when some cloud came over, as the moon was up and in a clear patch thought I would pan over and have a look. Although lower than Jupiter it looked quite steady, so ran off a couple of videos. This is Colombo Crater.

300mm f6 newt, Canon G9, 5mm Ortho, R6, Image Analyzer.

post-30467-0-78415000-1369927085_thumb.j

Thanks, I did not select Colombo particularly just found an area sufficiently well lit for the camera along the terminator. After processing the image I used Virtual Moon Atlas to identify my crater and was surprised to see the smallest named crater was Colombo K at three miles across. Using this as a guide

I think the smallest craterlet resolved is around half a mile. :smiley: Which surprised me a bit. :shocked:

Hi Nightfisher, Registax doesn't like the movie format used by the G9 so I run it through VirtualDub and convert into bmp images. I also use Vdub to select 2000 or so frames from the batch for Registax.

Registax doesn't seem to like many more than 2000 bmp images at a time for stacking.

Thanks for the comments :smiley:

Archived