NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn...What on earth was... "THAT"! ???

Hello all SGL members

I was attempting to capture Saturn in very strong winds and light skies, due to the moon being so close.

Anyhow...it wasn't gonna deter me from trying.

Sorry about the poor quality due to wind shake, (better than nothing i suppose).

However....After stacking through Registax and running it through Castrator i noticed it captured the moons, but also a STRANGE large object that followed?

Cant make head or tail of what it could be?

Please feel free to try and analyze it for yourself.

I'm dying to know what it is.

Thanks

Gary

Saturn5.mpg

Hello,

I think what you are calling moons (little black dots) are spots of dust or similar on the camera and/or the barlow.

When you preprocessed it you clearly centred saturn in the video which makes these bits of dust appear to move, when really it was Saturn 'moving' behind the dust.

Dan

Hello all SGL members

I was attempting to capture Saturn in very strong winds and light skies, due to the moon being so close.

Anyhow...it wasn't gonna deter me from trying.

Sorry about the poor quality due to wind shake, (better than nothing i suppose).

However....After stacking through Registax and running it through Castrator i noticed it captured the moons, but also a STRANGE large object that followed?

Cant make head or tail of what it could be?

Please feel free to try and analyze it for yourself.

I'm dying to know what it is.

Thanks

Gary

Checked the video. It looked like a bat :D

Archived