Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TeamViewer or Remote Desktop

Gina

Same here... I haven't been updating Teamviewer so they might have (although I would be surprised) removed the LAN only functionality from the free version...

Peter...

Just had a look. It's still there in the latest version.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now have TeamViewer working well between new laptop and lounge desktop - it's much better and much faster than with the netbook :) File transfer is quite fast now using the "file transfer" feature - drag and drop from a file window in one computer to a file window in the other doesn't work though.

I now have TeamViewer working well between new laptop and lounge desktop - it's much better and much faster than with the netbook :) File transfer is quite fast now using the "file transfer" feature - drag and drop from a file window in one computer to a file window in the other doesn't work though.

I have drag and drop working seamlessly on my machines (using version 8). Try going to Extras>Options>Advanced on the host machine and I think there is a check box in there. I'm in work now so cant check im afraid.

Thanks for checking - I will update the desktop, laptops, netbook, tablet and smartphones to the latest version then :)

Peter...

Don't do them all at once. I only checked that it's there - not that it works :grin:

I've found a "Disable" check box but it wasn't checked.

I've also found the LAN only option and checked that. Access is now by IP :)

Just had another thought. Are you logging on with the remote desktop option or the file transfer option? If you log on with the file transfer option then drag and drop will not work.

The one major drawback of teamviewer and vnc is screen resolution. If your obsy computer has, say, 1280x960 and you connect from something smaller you have to scroll the screen. Same if it is the other way around, you get a small window on your large screen.

Remote desktop re-initializes your virtual obsy screen to the size you are sitting at. For instance, obsy has 1024x768 and your home system 2560x1600, rdp will give you a full size screen in your obsy system. Only rdp can do this.

/p

Archived