Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 in HA

The Viper

Taken with skywatcher ED80 and Atik383l+ mono with Ha filter. 10x360s with darks and flats. Processed with pixinsight. Quite pleased with the result as the seeing conditions were very poor but couldn't pass up the chance for another go with my new CCD.

post-14092-0-74670500-1368911832_thumb.j

Thanks very much for the kind comments. I have a 0.85 reducer flattener at 37mm gap between front face of camera and flattener. Must check my spacing sizes, thought I had it correct.

...I have a 0.85 reducer flattener at 37mm gap between front face of camera and flattener. Must check my spacing sizes, thought I had it correct.

Should you be measuring to the CCD face which is 17mm further back on the 383L (I think)...

Should you be measuring to the CCD face which is 17mm further back on the 383L (I think)...

...but together with the 37mm = 54 mm which should be within the tolerance of the x0.85 reducer/flattener 55mm +/- 1mm (that's if it's the SW version).

Archived