NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

televue ep shops

faulksy

were would you reccomend getting my tv 22mm nagler from, were is the best place uk wise, for delivery, and with the cost of one do they charge for p+p or do they hand deliver :grin:

The only ones that come to mind are Green Witch, Telescpe House and Wide Screen.

Who's best no real idea, although Green Witch tend to get good reports just about all the time.

At the cost of those I wouldn't let anyone send it to me and would go collect GW is fairly close, WSC is OK if I wanted a day out and no idea where TH is.

I have used Telescopehouse and GreenWitch, both very good.

TH have a 10% early bird discount running currently for IAS ( for people on their mailing list I guess) which also applies at the show. Worth checking with them to see if you can get it.

Stu

Widescreen centre is pretty good and a 'star dealer'. I walked in to their shop and they were more than happy to let me have a look at whatever TV eyepiece I wanted to look at. Prices appear pretty static across all our dealers. Not sure if they are cheaper imported from Europe anywhere or from the US directly.

europe looks about 5-10% more expensive than the UK dealers (surprisingly)

states looks cheaper on flat price but once shipped and imported they are probably more expensive than europe. seems these are best bought domestically!

Maybe with the amount of new gear they have taken on this year they are making a big splash, they are after all one of the oldest outlets for astronomical equipment. When I started back in the 70's they were called Fullerscopes but I think they go back further than that. Is there no contact number at all?

Alan

I have purchased TV EPs from all three dealers (Widescreen, Green Witch, and Telescope House). I cannot speak for Green Witch or Telescope House as I have never actually visited (but given the quick dispatch I bet they do as well), but the Widescreen keeps extensive stock of all TV EPs. I have walked in twice in the last 12 months unannounced and walked out with the desired TV eyepiece.

Archived