Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

forum notifications not working?

Gonzo

Not sure where to post this really, it seems that the forum's notifications are not working. Well at least for me...

Any mods around would like to check this please?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed this too, I had to re-follow a thread on the Polarie OAH.

It's the only time it's happened but that's not to say other threads haven't un-followed themselves.

I posted a thread about this about a week ago here in the lounge but it got no response. Pleased to see it is not just my imagination..

There is definitely something going on, like I have not received any notifications at all about your reply.

There is definitely something going on, like I have not received any notifications at all about your reply.

My signing in to follow topic kept on disabling itself. Now though I go back to check.

I have just checked to see if you are following this topic and you are not so it looks like you are having a similar issue.

When you say notifications aren't working what exactly isn't working and what worked before?

youll have to forgive my ignorance but I tend not to use notifications for threads I'm subscribed too as there would he hundreds kicking about.

When you say notifications aren't working what exactly isn't working and what worked before?

youll have to forgive my ignorance but I tend not to use notifications for threads I'm subscribed too as there would he hundreds kicking about.

It is the bit where you follow topic at the top right hand side of the page. You then get a little red box appear on top of the bell to let you know someone has replied to one of your threads/questions. Handy also if you may be offering help to someone to as you then know when they have answered. Quite handy as it avoids looking 'not bovverd' :)

Have you checked that you have the correct notifications checked? Click the little 'Notifications' icon, then at the top right of the drop down is 'Options'... This will take you to your notifications options, can you just check that you are asking to be notified for the correct items, Thanks :)

Have you checked that you have the correct notifications checked? Click the little 'Notifications' icon, then at the top right of the drop down is 'Options'... This will take you to your notifications options, can you just check that you are asking to be notified for the correct items, Thanks :)

I haven't changed anything on my settings, it suddenly stopped working :(

I now need to go to 'My Content' to see what has been updated (that's for threads I've been posting to), it obviously doesn't work for the ones I just want to follow.

it's odd.

OK, I got it now, every time I put a reply to any threads it resets the "follow this topic".... hence I'm not getting any notifications .....

Can i ask what browser you are using please?

I have just had a check on a couple of topics I have been following and it is still happening.

Grant suggested to me that if I was using tapatalk that it may be the problem.

Ed: I have also just noticed that after having notifications for this thread this morning I am no longer following this thread..

You know, now I've checked, there are notifications that I'm not getting. I'd just not noticed them.

I have "follow topics you reply to" set, but checking several threads this morning that I have replied to, I'm not following them and I haven't explicitly "unfollowed" them that I'm aware of. I shall keep an eye on it from now on.

James

Ok, here's the test I'm doing:

clear cookies/cache/history in Chrome

login to forum

load up this thread and tick the 'follow this post'

replying to this thread

EDIT:

the 'follow this post' has been reset.

Hmmmmm, I've raised it with the mods / admin and so far they have no issues and AFAIK nothing has been changed.

Have you double checked your option to see if anything has been unticked or changed?

What's stays in and what drops out? Maybe if you can give specifics we can help diagnose the problem.

For example:

start a topic, click on 'Follow this topic'

reply to the topic, the 'Follow this topic' will unset itself.

same apply if you join a thread.

Archived