Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C11 CF and NEQ6

Earl

Back up and running at last :)

Also there is a FLI DF-2 Focuser and PGR USB2 camera (camera to be replaced soon) IDS UI-1240LE-NIR-GL

Of course plenty of cloud with it.... oh well

post-6688-0-89652200-1368367666_thumb.jp

Next step, get yourself a Skywatcher pillar mount. I received mine recently and it's absolutely awesome! It's sturdier and more comfortable than the tripod. for a big scope like the C11, it'll be a very useful addition.

You got it second-hand?

Next step, get yourself a Skywatcher pillar mount. I received mine recently and it's absolutely awesome! It's sturdier and more comfortable than the tripod. for a big scope like the C11, it'll be a very useful addition.

You got it second-hand?

I will probably get the pier im not a fan of tripods.

Yes all second hand, Im not "feeling" new prices atm LOL

Nice! Are those two standard EQ6 counterweights balancing that?

When you have a spare moment could you do me a favour and measure the height from the base of the EQ6 to the highest point when the OTA is pointed at the horizon? I'm thinking about something very similar and want to check it'll fit under my roll-off roof ok!

Nice! Are those two standard EQ6 counterweights balancing that?

When you have a spare moment could you do me a favour and measure the height from the base of the EQ6 to the highest point when the OTA is pointed at the horizon? I'm thinking about something very similar and want to check it'll fit under my roll-off roof ok!

3 weights,

Height wise do you mean base of the mount head to the top of the ota? problem is it depends where your balance point is and waht gear you have hanging off the end., You can always add corrector end counter weights to help lower the scope in the saddle also.

• 2 weeks later...

The C11 is fine to mount once you are used to the handling of it.

There is a video on Youtube of a guy showing how to do a c14 with very little effort using a stool to support the scope on, quick and easy.

Id love a c14, but that would need a new mount, lots of money and er sneaking an oil drum past the missus ;)

The C11 is fine to mount once you are used to the handling of it.

There is a video on Youtube of a guy showing how to do a c14 with very little effort using a stool to support the scope on, quick and easy.

Id love a c14, but that would need a new mount, lots of money and er sneaking an oil drum past the missus ;)

Why not try, 'Excuse me, dear, "I'll just take this old oil drum down to the shed.' Donkey's years ago I heard a snippet on the Radio 4 news saying that an extremist organisation of some kind '...had successsfully smuggled a Sam 7 ground to air missile through Belgian customs.' Where there's a will there's a way!

Olly

Why not try, 'Excuse me, dear, "I'll just take this old oil drum down to the shed.' Donkey's years ago I heard a snippet on the Radio 4 news saying that an extremist organisation of some kind '...had successsfully smuggled a Sam 7 ground to air missile through Belgian customs.' Where there's a will there's a way!

Olly

This gives me hope. I was planning on sneaking some Scud missiles into my shed without the wife noticing :D

Archived