Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

150p DS

I think you will enjoy it Jules. As long as you can learn to compromise with the demands these faster newts can make on EP's the wide field views you will gain will offer you a new perspective. It's also a nice size scope to grab and go to dark skies when ever the weather permits ;)

it seems great on the AZ4, good for taking to my dark site, and on HEQ5 might be handy with the dslr for a couple of easy targets

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems great on the AZ4, good for taking to my dark site, and on HEQ5 might be handy with the dslr for a couple of easy targets

Have to say the AZ4 has probably been as much a revelation to me as getting the dob base built. Not that it has seen much use yet but on the subject of ease of use and set up it really couldn't get much easier. Thanks again for the heads up on it Jules..:)

Tonight i tried a bit of lunar imaging with the 150p ds and my micro four thirds dslr.............darn thing wont come to focus, not enough in travel, even removed the 2" to 1.25 adaptor and fitted the low profile one from my Tal100....still not enough in travel! on a happier note visual provided some very sharp lunar views

Hopefully problem sorted have ordered a Lacerta very low profile T ring, this wil screw direct to focus tube, giving me about 20mm more in focus, now have a bahtinov mask thanks to a speedy delivery from FLO, collimatin all done, its now spot on.......................just need some clear skies over the weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Traitor to the refractor cause Jules :grin: :grin: Nice one mate these are good scopes, very portable with enough aperture for most things. Flocking will make a difference it certainly did on my vintage OO 8" F6

Traitor to the refractor cause Jules :grin: :grin: Nice one mate these are good scopes, very portable with enough aperture for most things. Flocking will make a difference it certainly did on my vintage OO 8" F6

Not a traitor, still got err.........4 refractors, but could do with thinning them out a little

Archived