Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn...still experimenting

Hi Folks: :smiley:

I used my 9.25 sct, DBK21 and 3x Barlow for this one. Tried (not sure why) a run of 10,000 frames using 780 of those. Ran thru PIPP, R5 and PS. The next night I couldn't seem to resolve something (not new for me). When I ran 30fps and 1/30 sec exposure it seemed like I had to max the gain to get the histogram filled. When I increased the exposure rate and backed off the gain (to fill the histogram) the image appeared to be overexposed(?) All comments and advice much appreciated as usual.

Cheers

Roger

post-2315-0-04850600-1367872139_thumb.jp

Nice image Roger. You are doing the right thing capturing 10 000 frames at 30fps and max gain. If seeing is reasonable you should be able to stack 2-3000. Saturn captures well at between 30-50% histo fill unlike Jupiter which needs 60-70%.

Hi Simon....thank you both for your encouraging input. I was thinking of running the same 10,000 frame avi and stacking maybe 3000. Perhaps could get a wee bit more clarity and brightness???

Cheers :smiley:

Roger

Archived