NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

anyone out there in Cornwall.......

I received received my first scope, a 70mm refractor for Xmas. When I opened the box , having never assembled one before, it looked a really daunting task!!

Is there anyone who could give me a hand to assemble it? Obviouly I would pay for their time and cover expenses etc.

I live in Penzance.

P.S. It has an equatorial mount.

I would be very grateful for anyones help.

Thanks, Pete

Sorry no were near you Pete but can i ask did you get instruction's with the Telescope? also what make/Model is it so to better advise?...

It can look hard to do when faced with it for the first time Pete but i reakon we will be able to guide you into setting it up so dont worry to much..

James

Many thanks for the kind people who contacted me re. scope problems.

This afternoon I called into the local optics shop, ( not lidl where it was purchased!!), and the guy working there came round to my place and assembled it. Really restores my faith in human nature!

It looks the business altho" have not used it yet due to poor weather. Hope it will be ok.

No doubt I will be on again with some daft query or other.

Once again thanks to all those who took the trouble to help. Much appreciated and its great to know that there are people about ready to help.

A healthy and prosperous New Year to everyone " out there".

Pete

Good to hear Pete!

Would have done it myself, but a 12 hour round trip......... :clouds2:

There's no such thing as a daft question. As Chris Tarrent always says "It's only easy if you know the answer!"

Clear skies :clouds2:

I called into the local optics shop, (not lidl where it was purchased!!), and the guy working there came round to my place and assembled it. Really restores my faith in human nature!

That dealer deserves a mention Pete ... and your future custom. 

Who was it?

Steve

Hi Gaz, to my knowledge there is no SCS astro in Cornwall.

There is a store in Truro called South West Optics who stock astro. gear. Last time I looked in the window they had several second hand bins around the £400 or more mark. Makes were Leica, Zeiss and Swaroski. Quality stuff but very pricey!!

Pete

Archived