Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hercules, Bootes and Saturn.

Wow, what seeing conditions , packed up at 1.30 in euphoria.Set up the 8".

Got Saturn at x240, then at x300. There was a dark area and the Encke outside of the Cassini, a treat and looked huge in the fov.

Then onto Bootes, Hercules and Cygnus. What a treat , with a load of galaxies in Virgo. I took DKD's last list and went through with some additions .

The area south of Hercules is very rich in nice things including Webb's Wreath and a load of galaxies.

I was pleased to pick up the galaxy NGC6207 some distance fromM13 and the very blue planetary nebulaNGC6210 and the faint globular NGC6229 to the east of M92.

Bootes is also a happy hunting ground for doubles. NGC5466 is a tiny globular to the west of M3.

Below Arcturus is NGC5248 the (galaxy Herschel 1-34) and a Virgo globular NGC5634.

Quite stunned to see so much , then had a shot at M27, M57 and M71 in Sagitta.

A lovely evening with some dew after midnight and

clear skies,

Nick.

Great stuff Nick..I had a quick look at M13 the other night and never heard of NGC6207(as well as a few others), Will give it a look next time, Nicely written piece Nick. :smiley:

Great report.

Hard to believe that we are afar enough into the year that Hercules, Lyra and Sagitta are up and about. It's barely a month since the snow and freezing temperatures.

Nice group of objects there. I've not managed NGC 6207 yet, despite its proximity to M13.

Thanks for sharing!

That's very true DKD. I hadn't even thought to look for them yet, but saw some comment on here about them and sure enough, they appear over my hedge later on in the evening. Nice to have them back

Good stuff Nick, you covered a lot of territory. I also got dewed out that night and it seemed to creep up on me too. I had a look at M71 in Sagitta tonight and bet you saw a lot more than I did!

Archived