NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

W/C 29th April

swamp thing

Hi All.

looks clear out but alas only just got home again. Wow! Love these early finishes.....not :(

Hopefully be home at sensible times the rest of the week. Although I may well be pushing on with the Dob too.

I will keep an eye on the sky and post if i'm heading up to RC. Later in the week would be best though.

Just got in myself at 2330 and not from the pub either :(

A pretty busy week and weekend makes the back garden the only favourable looking option at the mo. Lets hope we get at least a night or two of clear skies whilst the moon isn't around as much.

Depending on how everything pans out I might make the trek up to RC later in the week. I haven't been since I moved house, so it would be good to catch up.

I've had a couple of good nights since the moon rise has been getting later - Saturday and Monday. Makes a nice change to get the weather for it :laugh:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say that I'm still up for RC tonight.

The weather is supposed to be clear, but I can see a couple of big banks of cloud on sat24. We'd better keep an eye on those!

I have a stinking cold else I would have joined you.

I have purchased a replacement dovetail today that I need to fit (didn't want to risk the existing one in the Skytee again) and also have a couple of UWANs coming, courtesy of the bay (fingers crossed that they're in good condition). I plan to keep the 4mm and sell on the 7mm.

Will be along soon once the cold has gone...

Happy viewing!

Conditions were a bit strange up at RC last night, there seemed to be a lot of LP for some reason everything seemed slightly washed out. We did try the eyepiece shoot out but couldn't seem to find a good target to compare them properly. Also, as said conditions were far from the best, me thinks a few more nights are needed ;)

I did try and post yesterday from the Blackberry but it did'nt work for some reason, must try this Tapatalk thing instead.

I'm around over the Bank Holiday weekend if we get some clear skies, not sure what the moon is doing but I'd be up for a trip down to Bignor too.

Looking forward to this T31 vs ES30 shootout, comparing between a mak, a dob, and a frac should provide a proper visual test

RC skies were a bit of a dissapointment last night, but it was good to meet up with everyone.

We did manage to see quite a few objects - M13, M53, M57,M63, M81, M82, M92, Saturn... I'm sure I've missed some.

Subject to approval from O/H I'd be up for Bignor over the weekend, though I have to work early on Monday so Sunday is out for me :(

I think the moon is comfortably out of the way now, but only just past last quarter.

I'm busy Saturday night, but Sunday I'm okay and Monday too (fingers crossed).

The initial salvos in the big shoot out are not really enough to reach any conclusions yet, but I will say the Pentax and Nagler are very, very close. The ES has a little work to do.............so far!

Archived