Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Embarassing night out wtih my new celestron 15x70

After reading threads i decided a trip to rvo bought the celestron 15x70 i must say im chuffed with these,not heavy.

That night sar out side with a bottle of black tower red wine in my shorts, sitting in patio chair after working in garden,stairing up at all heavens glorys funny how fresh air just takes afect stood up to halter the chair position whent to sit back missed the chair flat on my back with binoculars still to my eyes gave my elbows a good knock, luckly no damage to bins wife banging on patio door IN now, so children alcahol and stargazing don't mix.

Hope you didn't spill the rest of the bottle, I hate waste, glad you and

your new bins survived ok, enjoy your new hobby, try it without the

red wine next time, observing will probably last a bit longer.

Nice set of bins by the way.

Clear Sky's

and the thing is, you'll never know if it would have happened without the wine, LOL. We all have moments like that, we just hope they happen without an audience! Good luck with the binocs.Barry

Glad to hear you did not do any permanent damage (other than to your pride, perhaps ;)). Hope you get a chance for a proper view soon. I had a similar pair of bins, and they were so easy to take along on trips abroad. This has allowed me to explore the wonders of the southern skies from South Africa and Australia. I have many many fond memories of them. They were so light that even the kids could handle them (certainly the eldest). The only risk is that they are so much fun you want a better pair. I succumbed to the lure of a secondhand pair of Helios Apollos, shortly before my old bins unfortunately broke. I got my kids a replacement pair similar to the Revelation from TS, so they are happy (and they keep their grubby mitts off my Apollos ;)). My eldest spotted Panstarrs with it (first in the family).

Archived