Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Scopos? Have you pulled the pin of this hand grenade?

emadmoussa

Oh, by the way, it's usually compared to a hand grenade ...so considering the heavy build, I'm now comparing it with another war equipment. No can of beans in the house...so there you go... :D

An Abrams tank.... :D :D

post-27451-0-53749600-1367691889_thumb.j

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks a big chunk of eyepiece in your hand but looks quite normal in the 6" refractor.

With an UHC or O-III filter that scope / eyepiece combination will show fabulous views of the Veil Nebula in due course :smiley:

UPDATE ##

I had an hour run with the Baader Scopos 35mm last night. The optical quality is superb and the views are impressively rich. It's quite comfortable for the eyes.

The downside though is the weight and size... I had to tighten up the focuser 3 of 4 times through the session. Well, it was my mistake as I didn't check everything thoroughly before taking the kit out.

All in all it's a very good eyepiece, but wouldn't recommend it if your scope is small . It'll tip off if you're not careful :)

• 9 months later...

My Scopos 35mm arrived yesterday. It's enormous!!

I gave it a test drive in both the CPC1100 and the 200p Dob and was pleased with both. I got my clearest view yet of the cigar galaxy using it with a nice dark black sky and good contrast.

Good value at £99 from 365Astronomy if your scope can cope with the weight of the thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived