Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My best saturn capture so far

Hi,

This is by far the best capture of Saturn that I have managed todate. Last night about midnight the clouds, rain and hail finally cleared and I set up my EQ5 SynScan but this time I mounted my SW 100 ed rather than my usual 127 MAK for imaging. I took 4 ries of AVIs with FireCapture using my new ASI 120 MC, and my new Televue 2.5X powermate. I took 2500 frames at 30 FPS and processed about 2000 frames in PiPP, AV!2 and the wavelet in RG6 and a little colour tweaking in CS2. I am happy as I managed to get a half decent image with only 100mm of aperture. Hope you like it and as usual any advice is greately appreciated.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-46685700-1367062828_thumb.j

That is really good A.G. The Cassini Division is very clear and I can make out some banding on that planet.

I'm hoping to get some footage of Saturn tomorrow night (28th) when it's at opposition. If the sky is clear!

Hi Bryan,

Thanks mate, I am really pleased with that capture (for my ability that is). Tonight should be clear where we are from about 12 am till 2.00 if things hold up, so I may give it another go, Sunday night is doubtful for now. Who knows we might get lucky.

Reagrds,

A.G

Archived