NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Neq6 load capacity..Counterweight counts?

emadmoussa

25kgs..... only for visual i would suggest. Imaging rig would be a lot less I would say.

Velvet

Yes, for imaging I never go more than 2 thirds of the payload. I was asking because my frac is quite heavy, almost 12kg, and with counter wights, 2" diagonal and2" eyepiece it would reach the limit. Now I know the counterwights are not included in the payload...it is just fine :)

25kgs..... only for visual i would suggest. Imaging rig would be a lot less I would say.

Velvet

I'm doing AP with 35kg (7 x counterweights). Not for the feint hearted - it's an experiment (so don't try this at home (or at least only at your own risk & not because I said it could be done!)).

Dscf6832_1024_zps69cd5360.jpg

That said - when well balanced the motors don't seem to strain. I have gone up to 20 minute guided subs with this rig.

DSIR6840_flat_noels_1024_zps23d627a2.jpg

EDIT- Oh and bear in mind I am using a non-standard saddle clamp which probably helps with the increased payload:

Dscf6712_1024_zps1c54413d.jpg

Gosh, Jock. You almost made my heart fall at heel :)

The only time I went extreme was when I mounted the SW 200p, the ED80 and the ST80 along with guide camera, DSLR and Hitech Astro...It seemed to work fine once properly balanced, but I didn't have the heart to continue doing it.

Usually for imaging I wouldn't go beyond this rig:

post-27451-0-45790600-1364150219_thumb.j

Archived