Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi All

kev533

Registax is a bit of an animal :(

There aren't that many great tutorials for it either. Perhaps I should have a crack at one for lunar images. Might help if I knew how to drive windows properly though.

James

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Registax is a bit of an animal :(

There aren't that many great tutorials for it either. Perhaps I should have a crack at one for lunar images. Might help if I knew how to drive windows properly though.

James

I've written something up about this now:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/184192-full-disc-lunar-imaging-with-a-dslr/

James

Excellent, thanks James, I was getting a bit frustrated with reg v6 as it seemed to take hrs to allign 3 images, but then it said it wasn't responding so I reinstalled it. I also didn't have the histogram stretch ticked so allignment was poor as you state in your write-up. ATM I have my Canon 5D Mk2 attached to the eye piece of my SW200p at 90deg to the tube via a tmount, this gives me an apperture of F5. I focus with live view zoomed in. I will give it a try with a usb and laptop. Is astro tools free software?

Kev

APT isn't quite free in that some functionality is disabled (and I think there's a nag banner) until you pay for it, but that functionality isn't required for lunar imaging so it's perfectly possible to use it for free. I paid once I decided I was going to stick with it as I think it's only 12 euros or something like that.

James

During a photographic course I completed recently I had a Nikon D70 converted to only take IR photography. That is what the red moon is to the left, not PS. I should probably be asking this in the astrophotography part of the forum, but is there a use I can put my camera to in regards to using it for astro imaging?

Kev

Archived