Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Qhy5v 9x50 finderscope

Hi guys i was hoping someone could help me im having real problems focusing a qhy5v with my sw 9x50 finderscope.

i have an adaptor from modern astronomy and followed the instructions provided to set it up but i cant achive any focus.

to me it seems that i cant get it close enough in but lots of people on her have got it to work, any tips to get it to work would be appreciated thanks

doh ive just realised that i can remove the cameras eyepice and screw it directly into the adapter, giving me an extra 30mm of in focus. slightly emmbarrashing but fingers crossed it will focus fine tonight.

cheers for your help either way

You might have to remove the focus lock ring from behind the objective lens. Some of the finders weren't threaded far enough down to allow them to come to focus with it fitted.

That's exactly what I've done, remove the focus ring from the finder. Fully crew in the objective lens, all you really need to do is more the QHY5 in or out very slightly to achieve focus.

Now that I do not use the focus ring lock, I can achieve focus in seconds.

Tried it last night and once i was using theadapter properly it was very easy indeed, focused on a bright star and just keeped turning the objective lens untill i had the required focus.

i must say it worked very well, i was guiding in the minuets very easily. only problem i had was the bright moon washing everything out after a few minuets.

Jabberwocky - yea unscrew the entire eypice from the finderscope the camera basical screws directly into the main body of the 9x50

on another note getting the right settings on PHD also made a big difference

Archived