Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

images captured this year anybody getting lucky with the weather

shirva

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the good intentions went pete tong tonight ,,,moon clouded over,,ready to pack up and who appears the comet panstarr....could not focus on it with the 8" swapped to the st102 still couldn't focus on it ,,was too bright the light show from it could not see comet apart from a flash now and again tried scb2000 it started flashing the menu for some reason ,,it was ok earlier I think it may have been the battery had it tracking scope and running camera.....aaargh...ran inside got dslr out on tripod had full memory card formatted it battery went on camera new battery.....wola got some 8 second and 30 second exposures on dslr standard 50mm lens...would it be wrong to post hear ????????? seems like our own wee part of the forum the intention was for video...honest I did try n cry.....davy

hi john...good start mate...think d zoom is off...once I cam down and retrieve camera from three gardens away where I have imaginined in my head ive threw it...only kidding not yet anyway....lol....I will give it a check...annoyed worked late last night moon nice n bright home at usual time all set up ready to rock and here comes misty clouds....no images at all apart from above post...davy

same here, was clear about 6pm, then 30mins later clouds roll in.. looking at your post about just getting white blob on screen make sure everything is set to 1 or off or manual, I set my lens to manual , if you set lens to video I get a white screen just to much light getting in, I think you have to set the shutter speed with it , I'm not clued up much coz I've just not had the chance to play with it much

Johnno they are cracking detailed shots! If you have the time could you give details of your mod on the modded camera thread. Im still at the stage of deciding which way to go. I was starting to think only Davy and I used these cameras. Would like to know what you have found with your mod :laugh:

Cheers Carl PS welcome to the thread!

well the good intentions went pete tong tonight ,,,moon clouded over,,ready to pack up and who appears the comet panstarr....could not focus on it with the 8" swapped to the st102 still couldn't focus on it ,,was too bright the light show from it could not see comet apart from a flash now and again tried scb2000 it started flashing the menu for some reason ,,it was ok earlier I think it may have been the battery had it tracking scope and running camera.....aaargh...ran inside got dslr out on tripod had full memory card formatted it battery went on camera new battery.....wola got some 8 second and 30 second exposures on dslr standard 50mm lens...would it be wrong to post hear ????????? seems like our own wee part of the forum the intention was for video...honest I did try n cry.....davy

No post anyway!! that Pansarrs as eluded me since it appeared! lol

Carl, if you want I will put the links to where I got the info from, because there is pics stage by stage on what to do.

Carl, if you want I will put the links to where I got the info from, because there is pics stage by stage on what to do.

Yes please do all info helps.

I dont know about you, I got this cam for a fiver wasnt working correctly, it was the strip wire inside on the front pcb and it wasnt shoved in all the way and it had come adrift in the corner. Best £5 i've ever spent

there is a load of ppl that use these for DSO's not as good as the macmillans and so but its good enough. i cant be bothered with taking a load of shots with a dslr and all that processing, i like to see things straight away.

next time i'm out i'm going for DSO's. do you ever go on night skies network and watch them video'ing, they use these and webcams and the dedicated astro cams

I dont know about you, I got this cam for a fiver wasnt working correctly, it was the strip wire inside on the front pcb and it wasnt shoved in all the way and it had come adrift in the corner. Best £5 i've ever spent

there is a load of ppl that use these for DSO's not as good as the macmillans and so but its good enough. i cant be bothered with taking a load of shots with a dslr and all that processing, i like to see things straight away.

next time i'm out i'm going for DSO's. do you ever go on night skies network and watch them video'ing, they use these and webcams and the dedicated astro cams

Best £5 indeed these things are about £80 on Buythis.com cheapest I could find. No must take a look.

Here's my attempt at Comet Panstarrs last Friday (19-4-13) - focus could be better, must get a mask.

Taken with my INED 70, Baader Moon & Sky Glow Filter and UV/IR Filter, SDC 435 0.5x Focal reducer mounted on my Minitower in AZ mode.

x512 integration, SSNR and SSDR turned off.

Captured with Sharpcap 2 beta and processed with DSS (well just thrown at it!)

10 frames at aprox 10s each - I have more data just need to dig it out of the files as the avi produced were broken!

Panstarrs 19 04 13

Panstarrs 19 04 13 single frame

Clear skies

Paul

I turned them off so I could use DSS to stack them better - SSNR in particular might cause problems with an AZ mount as it effectively extends the exposure past the 10s and I was concerned about possible blurring.

As it was I did not get the focus quite right as I did it by eye alone on the screen.

SSDR may have made a difference, however I wanted to use as little I camera processing as possible to keep it under my control.

If I was viewing and not recording I may turn them back on.

Clear skies and thanks for the comments.

Paul

Archived