Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

images captured this year anybody getting lucky with the weather

shirva

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this last Friday when the conditions were unusually good apart from there being a gibbous moon nearby.

M104 Sombrero Galaxy with Watec 120N+ and put through Registax 6.

What interests me about this image is the contrast with the dust lane which shows up quite well.

Unfortunately the rest of the galaxy is a bit washed out, likely due to the moon.

post-3820-0-67779100-1367005763_thumb.jp

Nearly magnificent seven....I only need images myself now....how about a run down on our equipment as well guys....

Etx80. .eq3/2 pro...sw st102. ...ed80 pro...sw look alike 8" reflector. ..canon 400d...Samsung scb2000. .Phillips webcam. .couple of barlows various lenses. .rdf's...solar powered 6x4 insulated and lined astrohut...Davy

Nearly magnificent seven....I only need images myself now....how about a run down on our equipment as well guys....

Etx80. .eq3/2 pro...sw st102. ...ed80 pro...sw look alike 8" reflector. ..canon 400d...Samsung scb2000. .Phillips webcam. .couple of barlows various lenses. .rdf's...solar powered 6x4 insulated and lined astrohut...Davy

I got this last Friday when the conditions were unusually good apart from there being a gibbous moon nearby.

M104 Sombrero Galaxy with Watec 120N+ and put through Registax 6.

What interests me about this image is the contrast with the dust lane which shows up quite well.

Unfortunately the rest of the galaxy is a bit washed out, likely due to the moon.

Great shot of M104 Phil, hope to catch it on my list! The moonlight does have a big effect on galaxies I have noticed on my last outing, bagged M82 but M81 was a washout.

This is a rundown of what Im using, Skywatcher 150p on a Eq2-3 Pro mount Goto, standard 25, 10mm and 2X Barlow. Filters are basic moon and UHC (Which am waiting to use).

Cameras are Creative Ultra webcam with adapter (UV lens) and Samsung 2000p (yet to be cooled).

Software is WXastrocapture.

Cheers Carl

Archived