Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo Galaxies

kyokugaisha

Finally got enough data to process my first proper galaxy images. My kit is pretty basic - see my signature for the details.

The first are M65 & M66. I tried to get the triplet into the frame but couldn't quite get it lined up properly so have cropped it.

post-27023-0-48544900-1365882785_thumb.p

The next is NGC2903.

post-27023-0-84506000-1365882871_thumb.p

My biggest concern is that the stars look a little bit and bloated. Is this just bad focusing, processing or just the camera quality? I use a Bahtinov although it is hand made.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

Wow :-)!

I think those are both incredible images regardless of what equipment you used.

I have almost exactly the same equipment as you (without the st-4 mod...thats the plan for my heq5 though).

May I ask what length the exposures were?

Dan

Thank you for the comments guys. :smiley:

Both images were stacked in DSS from about 35 x 300 second subs using flats, darks and bias frames followed by loads of processing in photoshop to eke out the details and remove noise. The guidance system currently isn't normally accurate enough for much more than 5 minute exposures. A decent guide camera is on the shopping list!

Archived