Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unusual issue with 1100D

ubertank

I recently started going out to my observing site with another guy I met through the SGL who also has an 1100D. He pointed out to me that whenever he sets his camera up to automatically take ten shots in a row, the second shot always has a red tint around the edges, which I thought was strange.

When I tested mine, it does the same thing too. Does anyone else have this issue and know why it happens?

sadSADASDASDF_zpsf63c6278.png

Interesting!!! How are you triggering the camera? with a remote or what?

I've not noticed this, but then again, I've never looked for it.

Set it up for a seequence as normal, but keep the lens cap on and see if it happens again.

I am having this same problem. It happens on almost every sequence of shots, lens cap on or off makes no difference. If I set the camera to take multiple shots then this happens on the second one in the sequence. If I use my external timer then it doesn't happen.

I have just tried it. 3 x 30 seconds, ISO 800, no lens, body cap on. Red in the right-hand corners on the LCD screen.

Interestingly it didn't do it 3 x 10 seconds but does it pretty much every time on 30 seconds, always on the second image, no matter whether taking 2 or 10.

The 1100D has a built-in amp off circuit so It shouldn't be amp glow though it looks rather like it. OTOH amp glow is usually a red glow in one place only. Very strange.

When you say this is in the second frame of a sequence, do you mean you are setting the camera to take several exposures itself with one shutter press? I have never done this myself for astro imaging - I've always used APS to take the subs one at a time as far as the camera is concerned.

yes Gina, there is a function of the 1100D that lets you take 10 shots in a sequence with one shutter press. You can only go as long as 30 secs with it, but it can still be useful in certain circumstances.

I've never noticed this. I use a remote control and have taken between 30 sec to 2 minute shots 10 times in a row. I always leave a 3 second interval between shots with the remote. Do you know if there is a delay between shots or does it just chain them? I've never used that 10 shot function, will test it next time am out.

yes Gina, there is a function of the 1100D that lets you take 10 shots in a sequence with one shutter press. You can only go as long as 30 secs with it, but it can still be useful in certain circumstances.

Yes, that's what I thought. Cameras generally have a multiple exposure option. I've never used this on the 1100D so can't offer any help I'm afraid.

Just to confirm, if I use the camera's "self-timer continuous" feature it takes 10 shots with almost no gap between them. The problem is always with the 2nd in the sequence.

If I use my remote timer I always programme a 5 second gap between shots. The problem doesn't happen in this case.

Archived