NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BST Explorer / Star Guider EP:

Rachelle

ive had a few of the lower end eyepieces. x-cel lx, bst explorers , meade 4000 plossls and my favourite so far was the 18mm bst. gave me x66 in my dob , and i found it exellent for general observing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well from the looks of it I've made the right choice then. Received an email from Alan telling me its being dispatched today. No massive rush on it needed as that week of clear skies is now a distant memory.

Hey guys, just ordered an 8mm BST EP. Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Although from what I've read on this thread (ohh, poetic) I think I want to invest in the 18mm one now too! **Roll on payday** Let me know how you get on with it Matt!

Although from what I've read on this thread (ohh, poetic) I think I want to invest in the 18mm one now too! **Roll on payday** Let me know how you get on with it Matt!

The 8mm is a great eyepiece ive had some great views of Saturn with mine.

Quite happy to compare notes as soon as we get chance to use them as the 8mm was my second choice.

Has anybody got, or used the bst 58degree wide angle ep's? Same price as the starguider series but what would you be compromising for the extra fov?

Matt.

not sure how they compare, but actually the a.f.o.v is a tad wider with the starguider, they are 60 degree eyepieces as oppossed to the 58 degree wide angle ones you ask about. so id go for the starguider.

if in doubt ,id ask skies the limit directly, very approachable by all accounts.

Looks like Alan has been doing some business today as i have also purchased the 8mm BST from him after the 15mm and 25mm have performed so well for me, i have recently ditched my baader barlow and opted for the 8mm so fingers crossed this will give the views i am hoping for!

So far i have been more than happy with the BST range they work and look great, although i havent really tested any other EP's the BST fit my budget and give me great views over my stock EP's

Im sure you will be happy with your purchase :)

I have the 15mm, 12mm and 8mm and love them all, but the 15mm is probably my most used ep - the clarity is amazing. Just got the 12mm and that is also great, Jupiter with 12mm barlowed is pin-sharp and gorgeous - much easier to gain focus than the 8mm barlowed.

Eyepiece arrived this morning from Skys the Limit. I only ordered it yesterday afternoon so delivery time is less than 20 hours - I'm more than impressed!! Great service. Thanks to everyone who recommended Alan to me. I shall be using his services again. Now lets all hope for the clear skies to return!

- Rachelle.

When I tried it out last night I found that using it with the barlow gave a nice view of jupiter and its moons. I did come away realising that if I want to get some really awesome planetary views I need the 8mm one, but for now Im satisfied :)

Archived