Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Conecting 1100D, T-Ring and ED-80

I'm thinking this is another stupid question from me - most of mine are..however I'm struggling to see how I can connect my 1100D with the T-ring to the ED80.

I can't see how to connect it either to the diagonal, or directly onto the scope. The T-Ring is the 1100D AF one ordered from FLO.

Anyone able to offer up some advice?

Looking at it, I think the issue is that the ED80 comes with a diagonal that is 2", but has a 1.25" adaptor for it. The 1.25 doesn't have any sort of thread for the T-Ring to screw onto though. I presume this is where my issue lies or am I just being massively daft?

So with it looking like I have the wrong T-ring from FLO, can anyone point me in the direction of the correct one please :p ?

I have never used or had a ED80, but would think a extension tube will be required if the Diagonal in not used (1 less bit of glass) and this would fit on to the adapter ring that goes in to the T-Ring....something like this image,,,Camera, T-Ring then the adapter ring that has a thread to go in the T-Ring and a should to take a extension..... DSC_9464.jpg

Extensions come in all shapes and sizes.......

7ae5fb2e-1df3-4e4d-8189-2178f6ab6037.jpg

other option might be to use a 2x barlow, mine has the T thread on it, If you dont want the magnification, unscrew the lens and just use the tube.

You sir, have saved my last clear sky for the next week. If I ever meet you, I will buy you a beer.

Archived