NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ken31

Ken31

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

Maybe this is a bit cheeky of me, but anyway...

I confess to not wanting to devote my time to keeping a constant vigil on this forum (bad, I know...). I could, however, set up an email alert on a particular topic that is reserved for breaking news (eg auroras, novae, comets, whatever). Is there such a topic, and if not should there be?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little amuse-bouche pre-Christmas: there was a programme about John Denver on BBC FOUR tonight, and it talked about the Persied meteor shower inspiring a line in a song. The illustration was a time-lapse video of stars and Milky Way diurnal motion, with streaks across the sky. The streaks were aeroplanes, not meteors!

• 2 months later...

Maybe this is a bit cheeky of me, but anyway...

I confess to not wanting to devote my time to keeping a constant vigil on this forum (bad, I know...). I could, however, set up an email alert on a particular topic that is reserved for breaking news (eg auroras, novae, comets, whatever). Is there such a topic, and if not should there be?

Well, is there??

I didn't find out about aurora until the 10pm news, by which time it was pretty cloudy around here.

• 1 month later...

Guys (& gals): my last camera just gave up the ghost, and have replaced it with a Fuji FinePix HS50EXR (another bridge camera, I can't justify the expense and upkeep of a DSLR body and multiple lenses). The HS50 has a 42X zoom (1000mm equivalent) lens with image stabilisation, so my first test was a hand held shot (leaning against a post) at 42X:

Photo%2018-04-2014%2001%2025%2058.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived