Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1711 with the SPC900NC , 2-4-13.

Steve Ward

Just found the avi's I shot earlier . . . :p . . . left it too late to edit the other post.

Just 87 frames from 1000 after editing in VirtualDub , seeing gets worse the closer you get . . .

1711SPC-P.png

SPC900NC + Mak180Pro + 2x Barlow.

Reg5.1 , Gimp2.8 , VirtualDub.

Caught some really 'boily' seeing unfortunately , some of the single frames are fine but there's that much 'jellyfication' that stacking them loses the detail.

Going through a few more to see if I can find some nicer bits to play with . . .

I couldn't push it to the 3 x Barlow , it only just fitted at 2 x . . . :rolleyes:

That is an impressive shot. Better seeing will allow you to push the magnification up. You could try an extension tube on your 2x barlow to boost magnification.

I had a 5x Powermate until last year, you loose a huge amount of light through them. I also obtained a 3x televue barlow, I would say that this is just as good for imaging and you can always get 5x out of it by adding an extension tube between camera and barlow.

Robin

Archived