Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 1st April

Woking

Nice one Lee.

Good night at RC last night. I think we pretty much covered every messier pair in the sky at the moment. M65/6, M95/6 with M105, M81/2, M97/108 along with Mankarians chain (NGC,s 4477,4473,4443,4458,4435,4438, M86 & M87) , kembles cascade, the double cluster, M51, M101, M3, M13, M104, M87, M100, M98, M91, M68, M90, M89, and plenty of NGC,s in leo etc. Sadly we were a bit late to catch the comet, but did get Saturn for the first time this year and a departing look at Jupe. I did have another look for M83 (the southern pinwheel), one of the messier list I haven't seen yet, but alas no. It's just too low down and faint for RC me thinks.

We did a quick comparison between Darren's 12mm Dellos and my 12mm Nagler, man you'd need a long, long time and good eyesight to pick one there.

I think that covers most of what we observed. It was a bit chilly (my van said -2c when we left) with occasional wind that actually meant no dew :) (makes a nice change).

Nice image of Panstarrs Lee, as Steve mentioned it was already well below the tree line at RC when we got up there.

It was great to get the scope out again. Must say that nobody seemed that impressed with Kemble's Cascade :grin: after I stumbled across it (was actually looking for the Double Cluster at the time).

To add to the 12mm Delos v Naglar shootout, the price difference is £30 for the extra 10 degrees of the Naglar.

In theory the 13mm Ethos should be similar to the Delos but obviously with the much wider AFOV. Think we need to complete the shootout with a more unforgiving scope than my F7.5.

Forecast for tomo, Sat, looks good so I'm up for a trip to Bignor if anybody else is?

I reckon to pick a winner were gonna need about a week of clear skies :) these eyepieces are close. Their all gonna work well down to f/4 so even fast scope performance is going to be very tight to call. Should be interesting trying though :)

Not sure I can make tomorrow night I'll let you know tomorrow.

It was great. I ended up going to a place near to where I live. First time I've used my new scope at a dark site. I've got to say the 10" mirror is a huge improvement over my old 6.

Archived