Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

3 legged Horsey

ShineOn

The frustrations of our fickle weather of late has meant that my planned attempts to capture luminance / Ha data for this - my first complete RGB image with the Atik 460 - have been thwarted.

So I thought I'd post what I had managed to collect now...this is just 55 minutes in the Red and Green channels plus 25mins in blue. All subs 300secs, taken at -15C on the sensor through my MN190. Data captured using Artemis, each channel stacked in DSS, aligned in Neb3 and processed in CS5 with the help of Noel and some of his actions.

Am pretty pleased with the outcome - I particularly like the contrast with the blue reflections of NGC 2023 lower left. I hope you do too!

Simon

post-19510-0-16484000-1364657392_thumb.p

NIce image. So no Ha captured for this? That will definitely add some punch, I think...

Thanks Ian...that was the plan yes, but the rubbish skies have had other ideas. The object is getting pretty low for me now but will hope to revisit next year for sure!

Archived