NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bad weather for nearly two weeks?(Kent)

thegman2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This week not forecast well for you?

Oh, it is actually! Kind of given up looking at the moment. But that's cheered me up. Thanks. And the moon will still be in her bed those evening! Excellent, must recollimate my secondary as I was fluting around with it the last day. May get a chance to use my new ES 14mm 100* for the first time. It's been sitting in a box patiently for the last two weeks!

Barry

It's grey and horrid ATM but auntie Beeb says it'll be clear from 8 o/c so perhaps I'll be able to have another crack at imaging M81/82 and even the Leo Triplet.

As I'm on school holiday I can stay up late-ish. Will try to get EQMOD working with my HEQ5. Fingers crossed.

Oh, it is actually! Kind of given up looking at the moment. But that's cheered me up. Thanks. And the moon will still be in her bed those evening! Excellent, must recollimate my secondary as I was fluting around with it the last day. May get a chance to use my new ES 14mm 100* for the first time. It's been sitting in a box patiently for the last two weeks!

Barry

Fingers crossed Barry,it doe,snt look good for me again here To-night,here on the Yorkshire Coast,but hoping maybe to-morrow).How long have been saying that.)

Good luck.

Mick.

Most people here say this winter has been the worse for decades. During prime observing season (i.e.clocks going back last autumn to clocks going forward) we had eight clear nights in Nottingham and of those three clouded over early. Of those eight only four were "proper" brilliant stars nights for a period of more than three hours.

I checked my observing diaries and we have historically averaged two such great nights per week in years gone by with additional nights thrown in of not quite so clear but useful nonetheless.

No matter what way you look at it, this winter has been dreadful for stargazing with weeks and weeks of unbroken cloud. And also the summer and autumn leading up to it.

Archived