Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

binocular problem

GrahamJ

I have just looked through my 25x100 for the first time I have had them a couple of weeks but have just my tripod, ws have had no clear sky for weeks, so I focused on as tree a100 yards or so away, as far as I can see from my garden.I cannot get a single image, but a slight figure of 8.Should I return them as faulty

Graham

Odd. Try looking at a TV ariel or something else with clear lines and see if you can work out whether the images are aligned.

If not are they our horizontally or vertically?

Try covering and removing one eye at a time and stand a little way back when looking through to get a better idea of alignment.

Mark

Horizontal miss alignment is not good..if this is correct then they would need to go back..

They should focus though..are you very short sighted as this can be an issue with some bins?

Is there any other astronomers local to you as it is often good to get a second opinion..

Mark

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

We had a break in the cloud, honestly, so I set them up outside. The main problem is a double image. No I am not short sighted, I have my eyes tested every year, my distance vision is spot on.

Archived