Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Equinox 80 physical size

400mm :) It does seem short doesnt it.

Fully extract thedew shield and focuser to get the 500mm.

I have a return question. Where is your skywatcher logo? Mine is on the dew shield which seems unusual.

Brilliant, thanks guys. Much shorter than I expected.

After a compact scope, so this looks promising. But £520 new is another matter.... :Envy: Have they gone up recently?

I have a return question. Where is your skywatcher logo? Mine is on the dew shield which seems unusual.

I thought they were usually on the tube.

Cheers

Andrew

Yeah, I think retailers use stock photos which probably differ from actual examples. All the user photos I've found online show the logo on the dewshield, while all the stock photos show it on the tube....

Mines on the dew sheild

That looks like it's even less - 380mm?

Is it very new? I notice it has the finder shoe. The FLO description says "Latest model, includes shoe for finderscope."

But the really important point is, what about performance, folks - how do you rate it?

Andrew

Yeah, I think retailers use stock photos which probably differ from actual examples. All the user photos I've found online show the logo on the dewshield, while all the stock photos show it on the tube....

That looks like it's even less - 380mm?

Is it very new? I notice it has the finder shoe. The FLO description says "Latest model, includes shoe for finderscope."

But the really important point is, what about performance, folks - how do you rate it?

Andrew

Yes I have the shoe for the finderscope but no reference to schlott on the logo.

Cant give a report on performance just yet. Clouds rolled in when I bought it and stayed put. It is second hand and has quite a bit of dust on the secondary lens so I may get a few issues with that.

Look for other brands of the Equinox - less money and every bit as good.

I have the Revelation version and cos it doesn't have the Skywatcher logo it was a lot cheaper.

Here's my review:

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

Zakalwe which field flattener do you use with the equinox? Cracking M31 image by the way

That was taken with a TRF-2008 focal reducer.

I have used the Skywatcher FF (the £69 one) and it is superb. The results from the TRF aren't quite as good in the corners (I probably need to play with the spacings), but it does have the massive benefit of reducing the scope to f5

• 3 months later...

The standard skywatcher field flattener does the job for the Equinox 80.

Yep, but its not reducing. Speed is the name of the game, so f5 is far more desireable than f6.25.

Plus the R&P focuser would be a godsend for those with a heavy imaging train.

Archived