Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

'Slumbering Sun Should Wake Up This Year'

Sqyff

Guess why I am going to Italy for a month this summer

Just in time for a summer move to Spain. :D

You do realize that where-ever you go carrying a telescope, the clouds will find you. They are tenacious little blighters well known for their bloodhound instincts. :grin:

The sun is currently sleeping under a duvet, you can make out its basic shape and there are times when you think it is going to wake up and show itself, but like Rip Van Winkle there isn't too much chance.

I am planning to take my scope on hols this year. I am not telling you where or when I am going and the scope will be kept well under wraps to stop the clouds from sussing me out.

Robin

The sun is currently sleeping under a duvet, you can make out its basic shape and there are times when you think it is going to wake up and show itself, but like Rip Van Winkle there isn't too much chance.

I am planning to take my scope on hols this year. I am not telling you where or when I am going and the scope will be kept well under wraps to stop the clouds from sussing me out.

Robin

You can run but you can't hide. The clouds'll get ya! :evil:

Unfortunately the space.com title only has the first part of the story. "Slumbering Sun Should Wake Up This Year" should be followed by "if it behaves as we believe it will". It feels to me as if some scientists are perhaps jumping the gun a little bit and indulging in wishful thinking.

James

Archived