Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Timelapse of Comet Pan-STARRS C/2011 L4 Setting over the River Wye

This was taken at SGL8 star party at Lucksall near Hereford. it was a beautiful evening with a crescent Moon not far above the horizon with the Comet Pan-STARRS off to its bottom right. We struggled to see it visually but a few could see it with averted vision. It was hard to keep track of but a few handy plane contrails helped point it out once it had been spotted by the group. Here's a short time lapse as it setted, note there is a plane trail near the centre of the image the comet is below.

Regards

Kevin

post-1118-0-32946200-1363608993_thumb.jp

Timelapse clip below

I'm glad that the group of us made the short hike along the bank to get a decent view of the comet...

I still can't believe it took a camera geek to spot it first even though some people took a bit if convincing until the planes and contrails provided a much easier reference point to walk people onto it...

Peter..

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

Archived