Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Paint Shop Pro help

DonRemus

Any PSP experts out there?

I have started sketching and scan the pencil on white paper image then invert it in PSP. I can't figure out how to make the FOV a lighter shade with the stars visible, leaving the outside FOV black. The help file is less than helpful. I have tried selection tool, masks/filters but not getting anywhere really.

Any tips appreciated.

Gary

No expert, but I would try the following:

1. adjust the inside bit to the shade you want [Adjust|Brightness & contrast menu]

2. set the paint-pot to black [using the materials palette (if not on layout, it is on the View menu) - either left or right mouse button to click at the left end of the grey-scale under the colour chart (should give you an eyedropper with legend 'R0 G0 B0'), doesn't matter whether you use L or R, as long as you use the same one in 3]

3. use the paintpot icon to fill in the outside by using the same L or R click you used ins step 2.

I have just tried this using my version [8.11] and it seems to work.

HTH

No expert, but I would try the following:

1. adjust the inside bit to the shade you want [Adjust|Brightness & contrast menu]

2. set the paint-pot to black [using the materials palette (if not on layout, it is on the View menu) - either left or right mouse button to click at the left end of the grey-scale under the colour chart (should give you an eyedropper with legend 'R0 G0 B0'), doesn't matter whether you use L or R, as long as you use the same one in 3]

3. use the paintpot icon to fill in the outside by using the same L or R click you used ins step 2.

I have just tried this using my version [8.11] and it seems to work.

HTH

Cheers for taking time to help. Got the contrast bit but what's the best way of selecting the area to contrast? The whole image changes contrast at present. Plus when filling the outside is there a way of preserving the sketch desrcription?

Gary

This is what I'm trying to get to but I have used the airbrush to paint the outside.

I tried making a circle shape the same dimensions as the current circle but when I used flood it just coloured the whole image?

post-27883-0-84953700-1363298949_thumb.j

Got the contrast bit but what's the best way of selecting the area to contrast? The whole image changes contrast at present. Plus when filling the outside is there a way of preserving the sketch desrcription?
I tried making a circle shape the same dimensions as the current circle but when I used flood it just coloured the whole image?

1. make sure the circle you have drawn around the original picture is solid (do this on the original before it is scanned in, do not use the 'draw circle' option in PSP - or you could use the airbrush to make sure it is solid once it is scanned in). Also draw a solid box (on the original before scanning) around the image information that you want to remain legible.

2. yes, the contrast controls will affect the entire picture, don't worry about that at this stage.

3. the paint-pot will fill the entire area connected to the point that you apply it, so select a point outside of the image-circle and info-box and it should nicely fill in remainder.

4. if it fills in part of the are you want to keep, use Edit|Undo to get back to where you were, then use the paintbrush to 'touch up' any gaps in your circle/box and try the paint-pot again. You can also use the paintbrush or spray-can to touch up the outside if there are spots there that don't get changed by the paint-pot.

HTH

Archived