Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blue tube 300p £300 Heads Up

Daniel-K

still there, you just have to navigate around the site

edit you beat me!

Note it doesnt have a crayford, so you might want to replace that. And you'd need a BIG mount of you wanted this on a tripod so a homemade dob base would be the best route probably.

300P dobs sell for a fair old price secondhand, so providing you are good with jigsaw and wood, it could be a good buy. Focuser would definitely need changing out. They come up on Buy'n'sell for a good price quite regularly.

With some decent marine ply and some DIY work you could have a very nice solid tube 12" F/5 dob for around £400 using that optical tube. Shane (Moonshane) made me the mount below for my Orion Optics tube because his craftsmanship is much better than mine. It works a treat :smiley:

post-118-0-37485200-1362872064_thumb.jpg

With some decent marine ply and some DIY work you could have a very nice solid tube 12" F/5 dob for around £400 using that optical tube. Shane (Moonshane) made me the mount below for my Orion Optics tube because his craftsmanship is much better than mine. It works a treat :smiley:

That looks superb.

Skytee 2 is rated too 15kg, the only info i can find says the ota weight is either 21kg or 26kg. Either way its too much for the Skytee 2 and right on the limit of the EQ6.

http://www.skywatcher.com/swtinc/product.php?id=338&class1=1&class2=130

Thanks - I came to the same conclusion myself after a bit of hunting. It's a BIG scope isn't it??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived