NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up - Interlocking foam flooring problem.

Steep

Yesterday I lifted the foam flooring in my obs (it's been down for a year or more now) and found the wooden floor very wet underneath it, I thought at first is was leakage from the outside but the concrete base was dry and the floor has dried out nicely over night so it seems more likely to have been caused by condensation over time. It might be worth your while if you have similar flooring to have a look underneath it.

Well that's good news for everyone else, if its not condensation I'll have to investigate further. The shed floor is wooden planking on batons directly onto the concrete base, the concrete itself is dry and there's no sign of long term leaking around the edges of the walls. I'll leave the panels off the floor for now and see if I can spot anything over time.

Sounds more like a leak, wood doesn't sweat to the best of my knowledge unless its saturated so if the wood is relatively dry I doubt its condensation.

It's certainly worth considering this as a possibility, IMO. Moisture will "wick" a long way given a chance so it could be a small leak somewhere that has spread out under the tiles and then sit there for quite some time when it doesn't get direct exposure to air to help it dry out. Lifting the panels off as you've done so you can see what's going on better seems like a good approach.

James

Archived