Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

its ready...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at last...running with the big boys!

I find a 12 as much as I can practically manage to be honest :embarrassed:

The views of DSO's with larger apertures are superb though - I'll look forward enviously to your viewing reports :smiley:

Just don't sacrifice rigidity and strength for lightness and portability. There are ways round moving a large heavy scope (wheelbarrow handles, trolleys etc) but a scope lacking rigidity is useless.

...your right steve..its a fine balance between useful and useless..the wheelbarrow is more than likely

I find a 12 as much as I can practically manage to be honest :embarrassed:

The views of DSO's with larger apertures are superb though - I'll look forward enviously to your viewing reports :smiley:

...going big because at 43(44 next week) i'm in my "scope humping" prime.

...your right steve..its a fine balance between useful and useless..the wheelbarrow is more than likely

...going big because at 43(44 next week) i'm in my "scope humping" prime.

Good for you :smiley:

In my case I have to have a scope that i) stores in a corner of the dining room and ii) I can get out and back quickly and iii) I can readily move around the garden during sessions to avoid the surrounding trees, houses and lighting that I'm plagued with.

If I had a nice long garden that was not overlooked I'd have put a roll-off roof shed at the bottom of it and had a 20" dob in there years ago :smiley:

I'll have to rely on cadging looks though others big guns at star parties I reckon :rolleyes2:

well after it's done i hope to start seriously doing starparty's..plenty of time on my hands now S.W.M.B.O. doesn't have to be!!...you can spend as long as you want at the EP John when we meet... :icon_king:

well after it's done i hope to start seriously doing starparty's..plenty of time on my hands now S.W.M.B.O. doesn't have to be!!...you can spend as long as you want at the EP John when we meet... :icon_king:

Thank you kind sir :icon_salut:

Archived