White light Sun, 5th March

JamesF

Yay! My second solar imaging opportunity this year. Seeing wasn't the greatest, but I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity. Not exactly a huge reward for my efforts in terms of interesting stuff to look at either :) Hey ho. It was very pleasant just to be out.

120 frames of 1/1000th @ ISO100 with the 450D & 127 Mak. Preprocessed in PIPP, I dropped 30 frames due to cloud and contrails and stacked half of the remainder in Registax v6. Just noticed there's a bit of rubbish along the top that I'd not seen before. I'll have to try to remove that now...

sun-2013-03-05-small.png

James

Good to see you getting some fresh warm spring air James . . . :p

Seeing was slightly improved from the last few days.

It was exceptionally pleasant to be outside at lunchtime, certainly. The seeing must have been dreadful if today's was an improvement. I was struggling to see any sunspots well enough to get focus.

James

Nice one James. It was certainly nice to be out in the sun. I only had an hour and a half viewing at lunchtime, but it was actually quite warm. I even think I might have a touch of sunburn on my left ear. :p

Archived