Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M76 - closer in

centroid

Had another go at M76 last night, but this time, with the f/6.3 FR instead of the f3.3.

The central stars are now showing nicley.

Although it composed from 12x400 sec subs, it took ages to get them, as I had to keep waiting for patches of cloud to pass, and grab a couple of subs in the clear bits :smiley:

12" LX200R - f/6.3 FR - SXVF-H9C and 12x400 sec subs. Guiding with the ED80 and DSI.

Dave

post-13389-133877333448_thumb.jpg

Dave, hope you don't mind me saying but I think your imaging is going from strength to strength!

This is a real beauty. Not seen that often - what software are you using for your guiding?

Also did you see where the European Astrofest 2008 is being held AGAIN at Kensington? I think I remember, like me, you think the venue is too small nowadays?

Cheers mate.

Barry.

Barry, where did you hear/ read about the venue for the Euro Astrofest. I have been trying to find out for ages where it was going to be held.

Kensington Town Hall, told me they had a tentative booking, but as yet, it had not been verified.. It's just that I wanted to make arrangements for accommodation, but not knowing the dates, or where it was to be held meant I could not proceed with anything.

Cheers.

Ron. :smiley:

Thanks for your kind comments guys, much appreciated.

I still think it deserved maybe 500 - 600 secs exposures, to reduce the noise in the outer regions on the nebula.

You are correct Barry, I just don't like the venue or the location of Astrofest. Pain in the 'butt' to get to, and the event has long since outgrown the venue.

Dave

what software are you using for your guiding?

Just realised that I didn't answer your question Barry.

I'm using AA4 to guide, image and process.

Recently tried PHD guiding software, and although it has some irritating short comings, it does guide extremely well, and its free!! :smiley:

Dave

Archived