Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Problem with DSS and RAW files

Fordos Moon

I also have this problem.

I took 10 shots the other night and 10 again with the lens cap on in RAW + L. When i loaded the jpg's into DSS and processed them all went fine howerver it needed plenty of post processing to finish it off. However when i loaded the RAW's and did exactly the same thing i was left with a vertical strip which only had the first 20% of the image, a bit like yours.

This problem is usually down to the lack of support for more recent RAW formats in DSS. The beta version on the page that JB80 linked to has support for later versions of the file format. If you're running the beta version already and it still doesn't work then you probably need to drop the author(s) an email saying which camera you're using.

James

When I choose raw files as my picture files in DSS I get this on my screen and the processing stops. This file auto saves:

post-26268-136136899986_thumb.jpg

When I convert the files to TIF format and then open in DSS to process I get no problems, everything works and I get a final image, but am I losing data?

Any help appreciated!

Just tried the beta version and that works much better. Just need to figure out how to get rid of the LP effects now.

The best way is "use a filter" :) But if you have Photoshop there's Gradient XTerminator which is supposed to be good.

James

I purchased gradient exterminator before investing in a decent LP filter... A decent LP filter will (if your tracking/guiding allows it) much longer subs withou the background washing out...

GradientExterminator is still useful even if your using an LP filter to tackle those other pesky gradients....

Other Gradient removal tools are also available and there are tutorials online for tackling LP and Gradients...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

Archived