NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First quick shot of the moon

ubertank

Hi guys,

Had a disappointing night last night where wide-field imaging was concerned, but did get a half decent shot of the moon - my first image of any type really.

You can see where I have rotated the layer and got a discrepancy in the black area. This is due to it being my first time in photoshop - the most intimidating program ever to a newbie. Any advisc on how I should have rotated this image would be appreciated, although I suspect it's as much down to the angle the camera is held to the Scope. The moon itself looks okay though, just a shame about the outside.

Anyway, here it is. No stacks. Just one shot held to the scope by hand without a t-ring - on order with a bit of colour adjustment.

IMG_0117_zpsc686a700.jpg

Thanks Ben. I'll give that a try.

Yeah, it's more the quality of the camera and scope than anything I did I guess. I just held it to where the eyepiece would go and held it as steady as possible. The camera was on full auto mode even :p. Very lazy shot.

I think playing with some of the options in PS brought some decent quality to the terminator.

Archived