NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Advice on lenses Cleaning

scarp15

I would like to ask, what materials, fluids you use or would advice to use for cleaning the lenses of your binoculars?

I have baader optical fluid and micro cloth, which I have used on eyepieces, I also have a celestron lens pen which has so far not been used. Iintially purchased for future eyepiece cleaning, I certainly would like to consider it for binoculars if considered applicable (or at least the brush).

This is not something I imminentley need to do, as they are still fine for observing so will leave them for as long as possible and I do not enjoy cleaning expensive optics. My bins though are inevitably accumulating some slight smudges and a recent clumsy finger mark, so eventually I may have to tackle it.

Cheers

Thanks, I assumed that the baader wonder fluid ought to be OK, just felt I'd check if other options such as Opticron binocular lens cleaner would be more specific, but I expect that it is much the same formula.

Archived