Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

T-ring/adaptor holds dslr too far out to focus?

Hi all,

So basically for my first step into taking some shots of moon and planets I bough a t-ring and adaptor for my dslr to attach it to my scope (8inch skliner 200p). And when I insert my camera into the 1.25" barrel on scope and move the focus in as far as it goes, my camera is still not focusing on the moon correctly.

Now if I unscrew the 1.25" barrel bit and just "hover" my camera in there, I can see that there is a sweet spot once i move the camera in close enough where it comes into focus...

Just wondering if this is a common problem and whats the usual way of fixing it? Im hoping its possible to obtain a shorter barrel piece? Or will a barlow lens do something to help? Or some other piece?

Thanks

Thanks alot guys fantastic! Because my scope is a skyliner it seems I can attach the tring straight onto the focuser bit without needing the adaptor! Brilliant.

Tested it out on some distant chimney pots lol and its focusing great now.

I for some reason had this assumption that a T adapdor was necessary, and tried just about every combination of unscrewing bits and pieces but never relised the t-adaptor wasn't necessary so I was always trying with it attached.

Thanks a lot guys.

So, I now T adaptor for sale!

Thanks alot guys fantastic! Because my scope is a skyliner it seems I can attach the tring straight onto the focuser bit without needing the adaptor! Brilliant.

Tested it out on some distant chimney pots lol and its focusing great now.

I for some reason had this assumption that a T adapdor was necessary, and tried just about every combination of unscrewing bits and pieces but never relised the t-adaptor wasn't necessary so I was always trying with it attached.

Thanks a lot guys.

So, I now T adaptor for sale!

I have also just been looking at T adaptors etc and only now having seen that video do I realise that it won't be necessary (I hope).

Will try it out as soon as I get home!

Great stuff

Farren

What James says was what I had to do on my skywatcher 150p and my current dob. It works fine but it is a bit of a nuisance having to remove the eyepiece adapter to put the camera in place - so I can't go quickly from eyepiece view to camera view. But then again, the "direct DSLR" connection is one of the features in the sales blurb - I just didn't realise what it meant at the time lol :)

I need an adapter on my 130m, if I use the direct attachment then I can't achieve focus, the sensor on the camera is just too close to the secondary mirror, I guess that on a larger scope, the end of the focuser is physically further away, so an adapter is unnecessary.

I need an adapter on my 130m, if I use the direct attachment then I can't achieve focus, the sensor on the camera is just too close to the secondary mirror, I guess that on a larger scope, the end of the focuser is physically further away, so an adapter is unnecessary.

I have a 130, but I need T-Ring, T-adapter and the bottom cell from my 2x Barlow too in order to achieve focus.

I wouldn't have even thought to try it with the barlow cell had it not been for the video above!

Archived