NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where can i get Skywatcher Parts ?

I recently purchased a slighly used Skywatcher 130 with EQ2 tripod it is vertually new. I am after the tray and bolts that support the tripod as this was missing and the previous owner can not find it . So if anyone can tell me where i might be able to purchase one i would be very grateful .

MARK

Hi Mark,

If you cant find one then they are easy to make a replacement. I have a scope which ive used for nearly 30 years which has a triangle of hardboard with a hole in each corner for the tray - as the original was missing when I got it. alternatively a camping plate with 3 holes about 2cm in from the edge, at 120degrees to one another works just as well ad serves as a useful tray at the same time ...... and any m5 or m6 wingnuts and bolts are usually of suitable size .

cheers,

Astronymonkey

I agree with Astromonkey, if you use something like a solid plywood triangle then it may actually make the mount sturdier than new, and doing little astro modifications is great fun, just check out the DIY section on here for ideas:)

Archived