Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEQ-3 spec

Yes, I reckon they're the same other than the colour. It would be handy if everyone used the same name though :)

I don't think it's going to be much heavier than the standard unmotorised EQ3-2 as there's not a lot added, and for payload I see no reason you shouldn't rely on the figures on FLO's site.

James

there is a difference between the 2 in respect of the tripod. the eq3-2 has the boxed aluminium and the neq3 has tubular steel, the mount however is the same. The payload is the same and the neq3 is reputedly steadier it used to cost a few quid more than the eq3-2

Good point. I totally failed to think about the tripod. Why on earth would they make two versions that differ only in the tripod I wonder. It must surely just make life more complicated and I can't imagine anyone would want the box section one given the choice between the two.

James

I've found a few advertised as the neq3 but haven't yet tried to purchase it could be they are out of stock everywhere..

i'm not finding a specified weight for it either it's bound to be heavier than the eq3 pro but by how much?

ok upon further research the eq3 pro (white one ally legs) is 7.5kgs, now i'm not sure if thats all in (tripod and counter weight?) can anyone confirm this...

that seems a weight i can live with ,i just need to decide what OTA to set it up with.

I have both, and to be honest, there is no difference between them physically. It is just the specifications. With the eq3-2, you just get the basic mount, no motors or polar scope. You have to buy these separately. With the ne3-2, or as it can be known, eq-3-2 pro synscan, you get just that, a goto system with it.

Archived